Environmental Procurement Policy
The Maxim group is committed to environmental and social stewardship. This policy is to support the vision and goals of the Company through its supply chain by ensuring that both environmental and social considerations are taken into account with the cost, availability and performance criteria in making purchasing decisions.
Goals & Strategies
The goals of this policy are two fold. First, it is to reduce the adverse environmental impact of the Company’s purchasing decisions by buying goods and services from suppliers who share the Company’s environmental commitment. Second, it is to promote and stimulate the demand for environmentally preferable products by letting manufacturers and suppliers know that products’ environmental performance is key in making purchasing decisions.
These environmental strategies must be taken into account when purchasing for the organization:
- All efforts shall be made to reduce the consumption of non-renewable natural resources by seeking sustainable alternatives
- All efforts shall be made to reduce waste by reducing packaging of purchased goods and maximizing the reuse and/or recycling of packaging.
- All efforts shall be made to reduce transportation emissions by planning size and frequency of shipping orders and by sourcing supplies locally.
- Preference shall be given to pre/post-consumer products, high-recycled content products and to high-energy efficiency products with third party certification such as ENERGY STAR®.
- Preference shall be given to products with third party environmental certification such as ECO LOGO®, Green Seal ®, Design for the environment ™, and others.
- Preference shall be given to sustainably harvested and high recycled content paper and paper related products with third party certification such as Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)®.