Our Green Chemistry Advisory Board was formed in 1997 to enact our mandate for greener and safer cleaning solutions. Our Naturally Better Certification Standard is our commitment to reduce and eliminate harmful substances from our products. The environmental criteria used are carefully selected using pre-existing guidelines from both Green Seal™ and ECOLOGO™.
As we innovate new green formulas or redesign existing formulas to be environmentally friendly, we take into account our customers needs and demands. This request stage allows us to shortlist our product selection prior to engineering greener cleaning solutions.
As potential products are selected, they must undergo a series of tests and modifications to proceed. In this intermediate stage, all products must qualify for our Naturally Better Certification Standard... safe for the environment and ready to market with our green seal of approval.
The final phase of our Green R&D program involves third-party certification. At M-CHEM we strive to achieve the highest standards, all of our Naturally Better Products are on their way to earning third-party certification from the top industry recognized programs ECOLOGO, and the EPA.
To use our Naturally BetterTM Certified seal along side the ECOLOGO seal, we submitted our standard to ECOLOGO for approval. Today we proudly label our Chemecology™ cleaning solutions with both seals of approval.
- pH value between 2.0 – 11.5 (direct measurement of concentrates)
- Flash point above 150°F (65°C) for cleaners and 140°F (60°C) for degreasers 2
- Does not contain APEs (alkyl phenolethoxylates) or their derivatives1, 2
- Does not contain aromatic solvents (benzene-based petroleum solvents)
- Does not contain organic or chlorinated organic solvents1, 2
- Does not contain bleach (sodium hypochlorite)1, 2
- Does not contain dibutyl phthalate1, 2
- Does not contain any mono-type glycol ethers or their acetates1
- Does not contain EDTA1
- Contains less than 0.5% w/w total phosphorous
- Contains less than 1% w/w (in end-use dilutions) of reactive VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Does not contain any known carcinogenic or toxic compounds1, 2
- Does not contain any heavy metals1, 2
- Does not contain any ozone-depleting chemicals1,2
1 ECOLOGO™ – Products and Criteria (CCD)
2 Green Seal™ – Product Standards and Certification (GS)
ECOLOGO Certified products, services and packaging are certified for reduced environmental impact. ECOLOGO Certifications are voluntary, multi-attribute, lifecycle based environmental certifications that indicate a product has undergone rigorous scientific testing, exhaustive auditing, or both, to prove its compliance with stringent, third-party, environmental performance standards.